This is an archive copy of city information (public records)
This archive* and web site are in no way affilated with the "City of Ames". If you have questions regarding this site please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Current information is at the city web site cityofames.org
REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - CITY HALL
APRIL 9, 2019
CALL TO ORDER: 6:00 p.m.
1. Proclamation for “Bev Kruempel Making Democracy Work Day,” April 13, 2019
2. Proclamation for “National Boys & Girls Club Week”, April 8-12, 2019
3. Proclamation for “Eco Fair Day,” April 20, 2019
4. Proclamation for “Fair Housing Month,” April 2019
5. Presentation of “The Home for Everyone” Award by Ames Human Relations Commission
CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the Consent Agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Council members vote on the motion.
6. Motion approving payment of claims
a. Class C Liquor License with Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales - Brick City Grill, 2704 Stange Road
b. Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales - Cinemark Movies 12, 1317 Buckeye Ave.
c. Class B Liquor License with Sunday Sales - Radisson Ames, 2609 University Blvd.
d. Special Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales - Smokin Oak Wood-Fired Pizza, 2420 Lincoln Way, Ste. 101
e. Class C Liquor License with Catering, Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales - Cyclone Experience Network, 1705 Center Drive - Hilton Coliseum
f. Class C Liquor License with Catering, Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales - Perfect Games Inc., 1320 Dickinson Ave.
g. Class C Liquor License with Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales - Provisions Lot F, 2400 North Loop Drive
h. Special Class C Liquor License with Class B Native Wine - Szechuan House, 3605 Lincoln Way
a. Motion approving blanket Temporary Obstruction Permit
b. Motion approving blanket Vending License
c. Resolution approving waiver of Vending License fee
d. Resolution closing Ash Avenue between Gable Lane and Sunset Drive from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
a. Resolution approving blanket Temporary Obstruction Permit
a. Motion approving a 5-day Class B Beer License and Outdoor Service for A&R Marketing, Inc (June 1) at 217 Welch Ave.
b. Motion approving blanket Temporary Objection Permit
c. Motion approving blanket Vending License
d. Resolution approving waiver of Vending License fee
e. Resolution approving closure of the 200 block of Welch Avenue and Chamberlain Street between Welch Avenue and the Chamberlain Lot Y exit, Welch Lot T, and Chamberlain Lot Y between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
f. Resolution approving closure of parking spaces in the 200 block of Welch Avenue, on Chamberlain Street between Welch Avenue and the Chamberlain Lot Y exit, Welch Lot T, and Chamberlain Lot Y between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
g. Resolution approving waiver of parking meter fees
h. Resolution authorizing access to City-owned electrical outlets and approving a waiver of fees for the electricity used
a. Resolution approving Professional Services Agreement with Shive Hattery, Inc., for design services for the Iowa State University Research Park Phase IV Improvements Project
b. Resolution approving Revitalize Iowa’s Sound Economic (RISE) Grant Agreement for ISU Research Park Phase IV Improvements (Collaboration Place & South Riverside Drive)
c. Resolution authorizing release of Letter of Credit being held for public improvements, which are now being funding by an Economic Development Administration grant and RISE Grant
20. Resolution approving Water Quality Initiative Urban Conservation Demonstration Project Funding Agreement with Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship for the Campustown Public Improvements (Welch Avenue) in the amount of $100,000
26. Resolution approving Change Order No. 2 to Sargent & Lundy, LLC for additional engineering services for the Repair of RDF Storage Bin
PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on this agenda. Please understand that the Council will not take any action on your comments at this meeting due to requirements of the Open Meetings Law, but may do so at a future meeting. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public; however, at no time is it appropriate to use profane, obscene, or slanderous language. The Mayor may limit each speaker to three minutes.
27. Update regarding Healthy Life Center
PLANNING & HOUSING:
28. Resolution replacing current Development Agreement related to the rezoning of the Regional Mall site on E. 13th Street
29. Staff Report on 14th Street sidewalk in-fill request
a. Resolution approving vacation of Traffic Signal Easement
a. Resolution approving final plans and specifications and awarding contract to Keller Excavating, Inc., in the amount of $186,578.10
a. Resolution approving final plans and specifications and awarding contract to Manatt’s Inc., in the amount of $95,025.50
a. Resolution approving final plans and specifications and awarding contract to Manatt’s Inc., in the amount of $129,901.79
36. Second passage of ordinance to allow properties to increase the number of occupants by completing the Code requirements to make a room with a legally existing egress window a Code-compliant bedroom
37. Third reading and adoption of ORDINANCE NO. 4382 adjusting water rates by 7%, effective July 1, 2019
38. 1114 South Dakota Avenue:
a. Resolution approving Zoning Change Agreement for 1114 South Dakota Avenue
b. Third passage and adoption of ORDINANCE NO. 4383 rezoning 1114 South Dakota Avenue from Community Commercial/Residential (CCR) to Community Commercial/Residential (CCR) with revised Master Plan
DISPOSITION OF COMMUNICATIONS TO COUNCIL:
39. Motion to hold Closed Session as provided by Section 20.17(3), Code of Iowa, to discuss collective bargaining strategy:
a. Resolution ratifying contract with IUOE, Local 234 - Blue Collar Unit
Please note that this Agenda may be changed up to 24 hours before the meeting time as provided by Section 21.4(2), Code of Iowa.