This is an archive copy of city information (public records)
This archive* and web site are in no way affilated with the "City of Ames". If you have questions regarding this site please email email@example.com. Current information is at the city web site cityofames.org
REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - CITY HALL - 515 CLARK AVENUE
DECEMBER 17, 2019
CALL TO ORDER: 6:00 p.m.
1. Government Finance Officers Association Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the Consent Agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Council members vote on the motion.
2. Motion approving payment of claims
a. Resolution of support for Ames Main Street Program
b. Resolution approving Ames Main Street and Main Street Iowa Program Agreement
23. Resolution approving Construction Observation/Administration Service Agreement regarding 2019/20 Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation (Munn Woods) to WHKS of Ames, Iowa, in an amount not to exceed $147,800
25. Resolution approving partial completion of public improvements and reducing amount of required security for Scenic Valley Subdivision, 4th Addition
PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on this agenda. Please understand that the Council will not take any action on your comments at this meeting due to requirements of the Open Meetings Law, but may do so at a future meeting. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public; however, at no time is it appropriate to use profane, obscene, or slanderous language. The Mayor may limit each speaker to three minutes.
PLANNING & HOUSING:
26. Staff Report on 321 State Avenue Affordable Housing Project
29. East Industrial Area Utility Extension Project:
a. Resolution approving Professional Services Agreement Amendment No. 2
b. Resolution approving Plat of Survey for lift station and future elevated water tank site
c. Resolution approving Purchase Agreement from Janice S. Schroer Revocable Trust UTA October 30, 1997, for lift station site in the amount of $73,450
d. Motion directing staff to initiate the process of rezoning the site from Agricultural to Government Airport
30. South Grand Avenue Extension Project:
a. Resolution approving final plans and specifications and awarding contract to Fort Dodge Asphalt Company of Fort Dodge, Iowa, in the amount of $240,787.76
33. Second passage of Zoning Code amendments regarding stacked driveway parking for single-family and two-family dwellings
34. Second passage on rezoning of 808 E. Lincoln Way from Agricultural “A” and Highway-Oriented Commercial (HOC) to General Industrial (GI)
35. Third passage and adoption of ORDINANCE NO. 4403 regulating massage establishments
36. Budget Issues/Guidelines
DISPOSITION OF COMMUNICATIONS TO COUNCIL:
Please note that this Agenda may be changed up to 24 hours before the meeting time as provided by Section 21.4(2), Code of Iowa.