This is an archive copy of city information (public records)
This archive* and web site are in no way affilated with the "City of Ames". If you have questions regarding this site please email email@example.com. Current information is at the city web site cityofames.org
REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - CITY HALL - 515 CLARK AVENUE
JANUARY 8, 2019
CALL TO ORDER: 6:00 p.m.
1. Proclamation for Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention and Awareness Week, January 6-12, 2019
CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the Consent Agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Council members vote on the motion.
2. Motion approving payment of claims
a. Class B Liquor & Sunday Sales- Quality Inn & Suites, Starlite Village Conference, 2601 E 13th St
b. Class C Liquor, Outdoor Service, & Sunday Sales - Café Beau, 2504 Lincoln Way
c. Class B Beer, Outdoor Service, & Sunday Sales - Torrent Brewing Co LLC, 504 Burnett Ave
d. Class C Liquor, Outdoor Service, & Sunday Sales - Chipotle Mexican Grill, 435 S Duff Avenue Ste #102
e. Class A Liquor & Sunday Sales - American Legion Post #37, 225 Main
f. Class C Liquor, Catering, Outdoor Service, & Sunday Sales - West Towne Pub, 4518 Mortensen Rd Ste #101
g. Class C Liquor, Catering, Outdoor Service, & Sunday Sales - Dublin Bay, 320 S 16th
h. Class E Liquor, Class B Wine, Class C Beer, & Sunday Sales - The Filling Station, 2400 University Blvd., pending Bond Certification
a. Resolution approving 28E Agreement among the City of Ames, Story County, Iowa State University, and Story County 9-1-1 Service Board to form StoryComm
b. Resolution appointing Assistant City Manager Bob Kindred to serve as the City’s representative on the StoryComm Board
a. Resolution approving Change Order in the amount of $28,233.85 to adjust for final quantities
PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on this agenda. Please understand that the Council will not take any action on your comments at this meeting due to requirements of the Open Meetings Law, but may do so at a future meeting. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public; however, at no time is it appropriate to use profane, obscene, or slanderous language. The Mayor may limit each speaker to three minutes.
a. Follow-Up Report presentation regarding community inclusiveness task
27. First passage of ordinance removing multi-family residential properties from the list of property types included in Municipal Code Section 28.214(1) that require individual water metering (2nd and 3rd passages and adoption requested)
28. Third passage and adoption of ORDINANCE NO. 4376 placing limitations on expansion of nonconforming uses, discontinuance of a nonconforming use, and defining remodeling of a nonconforming use
29. Third passage and adoption of ORDINANCE NO. 4377 establishing parking regulations on Suncrest Drive, from Red Fox Road to Cedar Lane
DISPOSITION OF COMMUNICATIONS TO COUNCIL:
Please note that this Agenda may be changed up to 24 hours before the meeting time as provided by Section 21.4(2), Code of Iowa.