This is an archive copy of city information (public records)
This archive* and web site are in no way affilated with the "City of Ames". If you have questions regarding this site please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Current information is at the city web site cityofames.org
REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - CITY HALL - 515 CLARK AVENUE
OCTOBER 9, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: 6:00 p.m.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Council members vote on the motion.
1. Motion approving payment of claims
2. Motion approving Minutes of Regular Meeting of September 25, 2018
a. Class E Liquor, C Beer, & B Wine - Hy-Vee Food Store #1, 3800 W. Lincoln Way
b. Class C Beer - Doc’s Stop No. 5, 2720 East 13th Street
c. Class C Liquor, B Native Wine, & Outdoor Service - AJ’s Ultra Lounge, 2401 Chamberlain St.
d. Class E Liquor, C Beer, & B Wine - Hy-Vee Food & Drugstore #2, 640 Lincoln Way
e. Class C Liquor - London Underground, 212 Main Street
f. Class C Liquor - Bullseye Restaurant Group LLC, 114 S. Duff Ave. (Boulder Tap House)
11. Resolution awarding consulting contract to True North Consulting Group of Stillwater, Minnesota, for selection of an Access Management System at City Hall, Power Plant, and Fire Stations in an amount not to exceed $51,975
14. Resolution approving the requested date changes for the RDF Storage Bin Repair Project and set November 14, 2018, as the bid due date and November 27, 2018, as the date of hearing and award of contract
PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on this agenda. Please understand that the Council will not take any action on your comments at this meeting due to requirements of the Open Meetings Law, but may do so at a future meeting. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public; however, at no time is it appropriate to use profane, obscene, or slanderous language. The Mayor may limit each speaker to three minutes.
a. Resolution approving City of Ames Complete Streets Plan, as prepared by Toole Design Group
a. Motion directing staff to provide direction to an engineering consultant to design the 100 Block of Welch Avenue based on a new cross-section
a. Resolution declaring City Council’s intent to proceed with eminent domain, as necessary, to acquire the property, including leasehold interest, for the construction of the South 5th Street and South Grand Avenue Extension projects
a. Motion approving the term of the lease and amount to be paid per space
b. Resolution setting the date of public hearing for October 23, 2018
PLANNING & HOUSING:
23. Reconsideration of Annexation Petition for three parcels owned by R. Friedrich & Sons., Inc., and Friedrich Land Development Company located along Cameron School Road and George Washington Carver Avenue
a. Motion directing staff to finalize the text amendments to the Neighborhood Commercial Zoning District
a. Motion directing staff to publish Public Notice of Hearing for consideration of a Zoning Text Amendment to grant authority to the Zoning Board of Adjustment to approve alternative landscape plans requiring a Special Use Permit
a. Resolution approving Agreement with Iowa State University Research Park for Public Improvements and Other Work
b. Resolution approving Minimum Assessment Agreement with Deere & Co. for Building Improvements on Lot 1 in Iowa State University Research Park Phase III, Third Addition
c. Resolution approving U. S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA) Grant in the amount of $1,743,558 and authorizing John Joiner to sign the Financial Assistance Award on behalf of the City
a. Resolution approving final plans and specifications and awarding contract to Shank Constructors, Inc., of Minneapolis, Minnesota, in the amount of $2,165,200
a. First passage of ordinance
29. Second passage of ordinance to allow remote parking as an accessory use in the Neighborhood Commercial Zoning District
30. Second passage of ordinance regarding building height/setback for interior climate-controlled mini-storage facilities adjacent to residential uses in the Highway-Oriented Commercial Zoning District
DISPOSITION OF COMMUNICATIONS TO COUNCIL:
Please note that this Agenda may be changed up to 24 hours before the meeting time as provided by Section 21.4(2), Code of Iowa.