This is an archive copy of city information (public records)
This archive* and web site are in no way affilated with the "City of Ames". If you have questions regarding this site please email email@example.com. Current information is at the city web site cityofames.org
(Click here to view the entire packet in PDF format)
REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - CITY HALL
DECEMBER 20, 2011
CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 p.m.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Council members vote on the motion.
1. Motion approving payment of claims
2. Motion approving Minutes of Special Meeting of December 6, 2011, and Regular Meeting of December 13, 2011 (Click here for more information)
3. Motion approving renewal of the following beer permits, wine permits, and liquor licenses: (Click here for more information)
a. Class B Beer - Pizza Pit, 207 Welch Avenue, Suite 201
b. Class B Liquor - Quality Inn & Suites Starlite, 2601 East 13th Street
4. Resolution accepting Abstract of Votes of City Run-Off Election held December 6, 2011 (Click here for more information)
5. Resolution increasing limit for First National Bank and Wells Fargo Bank on list of Approved Depositories (Click here for more information)
6. Resolution approving COTA Spring 2012 Special Project Grant Contracts (Click here for more information)
7. Resolution approving Amendment to Iowa Department of Economic Development CEBA and HQJC Agreements with Sauer-Danfoss (Click here for more information)
8. Resolution approving preliminary plans and specifications for Vet Med Substation Capacitor Banks; setting January 11, 2012, as bid due date and January 24, 2012, as date of public hearing and award of contract (Click here for more information)
9. Resolution changing bid due date from December 28, 2011, to January 4, 2012, for WPC Facility Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment (Click here for more information)
10. Resolution accepting Federal Stimulus Program Project - Duff Avenue (7th Street to 13th Street) (Click here for more information)
PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on this agenda. Please understand that the Council will not take any action on your comments at this meeting due to requirements of the Open Meetings Law, but may do so at a future meeting. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public; however, at no time is it appropriate to use profane, obscene, or slanderous language. The Mayor may limit the time given to each speaker.
PLANNING & HOUSING:
11. Motion providing direction to staff regarding enforcement of landscaping requirements for property located at 400 and 414 South Duff Avenue (Click here for more information)
12. Resolution approving/motion denying Covenant and Agreement for Annexation for 2114 State Avenue (Click here for more information)
13. Staff report regarding Adams Street paving request (Click here for more information)
14. Presentation of Traffic-Calming Study (Click here for more information)
15. Progress report on City Council goal to Mitigate Flooding in Our Community (Click here for more information)
16. Policy direction on storm sewer rates (Click here for more information)
17. Second passage of ordinance making text amendments that will correct and/or clarify various sections of Zoning Ordinance, including definitions, general zoning regulations, development standards, residential high density permitted uses, neighborhood commercial signage standards, village residential design guidelines, and site development plan review
18. Second passage of ordinance making a Zoning Ordinance text amendment to permit banquet halls, exhibition areas, and meeting areas in General Industrial Zoning Districts
19. Second passage of ordinance adding Rose Prairie Subdivision to Ward 2, Precinct 5
20. Third passage and adoption of ORDINANCE NO. 4094 making zoning text amendment to allow parking between buildings and streets along major thoroughfares in Planned Industrial Zone
*Please note that this agenda may be changed up to 24 hours before the meeting time as provided by Section 21.4(2), Code of Iowa.